Research Guides are mini-websites developed by librarians to help you identify and locate scholarly and non-scholarly resources (books, articles, web resources, etc.) on a particular subject (e.g. Biology) or for a particular course (e.g. ENG 200). Research Guides may also contain information on library services, research tips, career information, and more.
Most Useful For
- Finding a wide variety of resources (e.g. books, articles, web resources, etc.) on a specific subject or for a specific course in a single location
- Getting librarian-recommended resources, tools and tips for your research
- Some subjects or courses may not have a research guide associated with them (yet)
- Guides are not exhaustive--users may need to search in other places or use other resources to find all the sources and information they need for their research or coursework
Consider using the Research Guides primarily when you:
- Want to save time by utilizing a one-stop source of information for subject-specific or course-specific research
- Need guidance on which databases to use or where to start doing research
- Are interested in finding a wide variety of source types.