Choosing a Topic
When selecting a topic for your doctoral research, might ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I care about this topic enough to continue studying it beyond my doctoral research?
- Am I able to convince others that this topic is important?
- Am I willing to invest my resources in the exploration of this topic?
- Is this topic likely to still be relevant in 7 years?
- Do those working in my discipline engage in conversations related to this topic?
Watch this Credo Learning Tools video on How to Select a Topic which is an essential foundational step of the research process. The other videos listed on the Credo Research Quick Tips page from the How to Select a Topic video might also be helpful.